Sunday, August 03, 2008

SOME HANDS FREE STORIES





Well the police state is approaching rapidly.California passed a law july 1st that states that you can't talk on your phone while driving.This law has passed in numerous states and i feel it has it's pros and cons.Let's start with the benifits. Some people shouldn't drive let alone talk on the phone while attempting said task.This is not about them this about the millions of multi taskers like myself who can walk chew bubble gum,mountain bike,para glide,skydive,slamdunk,chicken and biscuit eatin......hold up this took a turn some where...ok I am back snorkel lift weights.All while talking on the phone.Should we be penalized because a certain few can't do all the above by their self let alone while talking on the phone? I think not. But who am i just a disgruntled multi tasker.

The benefits are many but in this case less is more.So for the non multi taskers this hands free law is right up their alley.Now they can really look challenged while driving.I was going to the store one day and while i was in route i looked to my right and saw some man talking to his self while he was driving (well it looked like he was talking to his self)He had the hand movements and gestures and it was clear he was not happy with his self well from my perspective anyway. He was pointing at a imaginary person and object, foaming at the mouth the whole nine.It wasn't until i switched lanes to avoid this maniac that i noticed a little device in his ear you guessed it hands free now mind you this was around 1996 and hands free wasn't too popular yet.But before that the first person i seen with hands free had to be Janet Jackson on her "Control" video.


Needless to say i dont like the hearing aide look it reminds me of that commercial a business man is at a table with a secretary and he starts by saying" I want to take our relationship further" To the delight of the secretary she shamelessly responds" I've been waiting for this day and i love you too" The business man turns down his hands free and says "excuse me" WANT TO GET AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm all for hand-free. Not because I can't juggle driving & yapping...but because other ppl can't, and if any of those "others" happen to ram my ride...I'll be forced to assault someone =X

    ReplyDelete